Expedition – Kedarkantha Trek
Kedarkantha Trek Package Cost – Starting from Rs.2,000 per person per day
Kedarkantha Peak height – 12500 foot or 3800 meter
Kedarkantha Trek Distance – Base Sakri to Kedarkantha Peak – 10 Kms
Best Season To Visit Kedarkantha – Kedarkantha trek is open all months though November Till April is the best time to experience Kedarkantha Winter Expedition
About Kedarkantha Trek Expedition
There are many reasons why it is an extremely well known journey to do in the Indian Himalayas. The most significant of them is this the culmination climb. The highest point move of Kedarkantha Trek is an exceptionally remunerating one. Directly from the headquarters of the journey, the culmination poses a potential threat. As you start your journey in the early hours of the morning and consistently move up the precarious incline, the world opens up around you.
Kedarkantha Peak Geographical Location
Kedarkantha peak is one of the most popular mountain peak of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand, India. Its highest elevation is 12,500 foot (3,800 meters). Kedarkantha peak is located within Govind Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttarkashi district.
The climb to the peak of Kedarkantha trek starts from a small village called as Sankri. There are a total of 13 peaks of the Himalayan range visible from the Kedarkantha peak. It usually takes 4 days to complete the trekking of Kedarkantha peak.
How Difficult is Kedarkantha Trek ?
Kedarkantha trek difficulty level is moderate, with gradual ascends and descends. The uphill climb from Kedarkantha base camp to the peak is precarious incline.
Fun Activities To Do – Skiing At Kedarkantha
This snow journey is most popular for skiing for novices. Kedarkantha ski courses are an amazing method to infuse some fun and energy into your excursion. We ensure everybody has fun – whatever their expertise level. With the assistance of shocked educators to guarantee that our customer get all the necessary skiing abilities and partake in the most ideal experience. With a healthy level of actual wellness, one can unquestionably set out on Kedarkantha travel and will test all that the best of an Indian Himalayan trip has to bring to the table. This trip is likewise enthusiastically prescribed for first-time adventurers needing to encounter snow trails and setting up camp in the colder time of year snow.
Route To Kedarkantha
Winter Trek Itinerary For Beginner’s
Dehradun to Sankri Village, Distance : 200 Kilometers, Time Travelled : 8 hours
The first day begins with a 8-hour drive from Dehradun to Sankri. We expect you to leave from Dehradun by 9:00 in the morning, To reach on time by maximum 05:00 pm. After arriving at Sankri, freshen up at the hotel and you will be briefed by our team and group leader. You will get sufficient time to explore the market close by. In case you need last minute shopping for trekking essentials, garments, and equipment’s are available at the local market in Sankri, In case you need last minute shopping for the venture ahead.
Trekking From Sankri to Juda ka Talab / Kedarkantha Base Camp, Distance : 10 Kilometers
Gear up for the first day of trek. Walk for a couple hundred meters towards the road that leads to Taluka and you will see a big hoarding of Uttarakhand Tourism. The route to Kedarkantha gets a diversion on the right after walking for another 5 minutes. There is a steep climb involved as soon as you take right. The trail goes through the beautiful forest of oak, birch & deodar. Sound of some minor streams flowing through rocks will please your ears.
After spending some tome time Juda ka Talab, we will trek towards Kedarkantha base camp. The trail passes through tree line and will be covered with snow (during winters). After roughly walking for an hour and a half you’ll reach Lower Kedarkantha Base Camp. This campsite is often occupied when there is heavy snowfall at the upper area of Kedarkantha, the summit of Kedarkantha is clearly visible from this region.
Note – It just takes around 3 hours to reach Juda ka Talab but when the trail is well loaded with fresh snow it might take up to 4 hours (in winters). Juda ka Talab is a beautiful lake surrounded by trees on one side and lush green elevated meadow on all the other sides. It is situated at an altitude of 2800 meters above sea level. The lake remains frozen during winters. At times the ice layer on the lake becomes so thick that you can even walk over the frozen lake Juda ka Talab.
Kedarkantha Base Camp to Summit Peak And Back To Sankri, Distance : 14 Kilometers
Start trekking early morning around 03:00 am from Kedarkantha Base Camp as it is The Summit Day and we have to reach back to Sankri on same day. The climb is moderately steep and the views are rewarding. The trail goes pierces through the oak forest and opens up to a straight climb through northern ridge. In roughly less than two hours time you’ll reach Kedarkantha Summit from Kedarkantha Base Camp. A wide view of Himalayan peaks will greet you at the summit. Gangotri & Yamunotri ranges are also distinctly visible from the peak.
Reach back to Sankri and take rest at the hotel and enjoy with your team mates and have a good sleep.
Departure from Sankri
Wake up after the good night celebration and enjoy the valley. After breakfast you can drive back to Dehradun or you can extend your stay in Sankri Village. Our services will end at Sankri.
Terms And Conditions
- All accommodation on the trek will be on twin sharing basis in tents or homestays.
- Any accommodation in a hotel/guest house /homestay (if mentioned in the itinerary and not mentioned in exclusions) will be in a 2 star accommodation unless mentioned otherwise.
- Professional guides – a team of experienced and certified Himalayan mountaineer as well as a professional guide will accompany you for the trek.
- Services of a professional outdoor team
- A team of experienced high-altitude cook, camp staff, porters / mules will accompany you for all the arrangements on the trek.
- All meals on the trek are included. We will serve vegetarian indian and western food on the trek which will be cooked by our High-Altitude chefs. It will be a 5 course meal plan including Morning Tea, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Dinner. You will be provided with clean mountain water from the streams to drink. You can carry water purification tablets if you deem necessary but we advise otherwise.
- Trekking and Safety Equipment
- All the camping equipment 4 Season The North face, Vango, Black diamond, MSR, Tents, Sleeping bags, Toilet Tents, Dining Tent, Mattresses, Alpine tent also and other things will be provided by us and we guarantee the quality.
- Safety equipment including climbing ropes medical kit, oxygen cylinder, oximeter (if required) will be provided by us.
- Permits and forest camping charges only for Indian Clients, All the applicable trekking permits, Camping Charges,
- Forest entry fee will be paid by us. Foreigners have to pay these charges if not mentioned.
- A life-changing experience
- We assure you that by exploring in the Himalayas you will have a life changing experience and we can provide you with the best services and make your venture unforgettable one.
- Trek famous for trekking, camping, winter trek, snow trek and frozen lake, summit.
- GST and Other Taxes
- GST not included in the price mentioned with the trek. They will be charged once you add the trek in your cart. They are subjected to change according to government rules of India.
- Personal trekking equipment
- Your Rucksack, personal clothing, shoes, trek poles, and other personal trekking gear is not included in this package. You have to bring your own gear according to that weather and difficulty of the trek.
- Portage of personal bags (Offloading)
- We highly advise you to carry your own burden (your rucksack) but due to any reason if you wish to not carry your rucksack, we can arrange for a porter/mule to carry it. For this service, you will be charged over and above the trek cost. The charges for offloading vary with every trek.
- Travel Insurance Travel Insurance is not included in this package. We recommend you to have travel insurance before opting for such adventures.
- Personal Expenses Any personal expenses incurred (laundry, Bottled Water, Beverages, Snacks, Tea houses or Boarding house, Tips for Guides etc.) are not included in the package.
- Emergency Expenses
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances such as accidents, bad weather, landslides, road conditions and any other circumstances beyond our control are not included in the package.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best time to visit Kedarkantha?
Kedarkantha is best known as a winter trek – from November to April. You’ll see the snow on the very first day of the expedition, while trekking from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab. Moreover, Kedarkantha is one of the few treks accessible in winter.
How Long Does Kedarkantha Trek Take?
It usually takes 4 days to complete the climb of Kedarkantha peak.
Why Is Kedarkantha Famous? Story Behind Kedarkantha
Kedarkantha is dedicated to Lord Shiva but not to be mistaken or confused for the famous Temple Kedarnath.
The locals say that once upon a time Lord Shiva meditated at Kedarkantha. Also there is a lake called Juda-ka-talab, Its name implies so from the droplet fallen from Shiva’s hair to form this lake.
Kedarkantha is also one of the most popular treks in Uttarakhand due to its relative ease of access and gradual inclination
What is difference between Kedarnath and Kedarkantha?
Kedarkantha is a mountain peak in the Himalayan range of Uttarkashi District, Uttarakhand and is known for its very famous winter trekking route. While Kedarnath is one of the most famous pilgrimage location from the Chardham yatra. It does have trekking but it’s more famous as a spiritual journey which takes you to a temple of Lord Shiva, which goes by similar name, Kedarnath Temple.
How do you trek or reach to Kedarkantha?
For Climbing Kedarkantha, one has to reach famous village of Sankri (more than 14 famous trek starts from here) which is located 200 kilometer from Dehradun, which is at a distance of 248 kilometer from Delhi. Once you reach Sankri, you can start your trek to Kedarkantha, mostly done next day morning.