Rishikesh Rafting Update November 2021– Rishikesh River Rafting Price Now Starting At Rs.500 Per Person. Yes, River Rafting In Rishikesh Has Resumed For The Public After Lockdown on 20 September 2021.
An Adventurous River Rafting Trip In Ganga – Rishikesh
Rafting in Rishikesh has increased consistent prevalence over the most recent years with adventure enthusiasts from India and abroad running to the town for a sample of what it has to bring to the table. The rising interest for rafting has normally prompted the development of adventure sports in Rishikesh. It’s imperative to cooperate with the correct organization to have a decent encounter. With years of master involvement with the river ganga and information on the adventure sport, Our staff of exceptionally prepared river guides go with you on each visit and give you a nitty gritty brief about security rules toward the beginning of your rafting trip. We give all imported safety equipment’s like life jackets, head protectors and wetsuit in winter time. We likewise give transport to and from the beginning of the rafting trip. In this way, whenever you’re in Rishikesh and searching for an experience, ensure you book with us for an adrenaline surge like no other!
Rishikesh Rafting Packages Latest Price List
Brahmpuri Rafting Starting Point till Laxman Jhula End Point (9km’s)
Distance Covered is 9 km’s within time duration of 1 – 2 hours only at a price of INR.600 Per Person
Shivpuri Starting Point till Laxman Jhula Rafting End Point (16 km’s)
Distance Covered is 16 km’s within time duration of 2 – 3 hours only at a price of INR.1000 Per Person
Marine Drive Rafting Starting Point till Laxman Jhula End Point (26 km’s)
Distance Covered is 26 km’s within time duration of 3 – 4 hours only at a price of INR.1500 Per Person
Marine Drive Rafting Starting Point till Shivpuri End Point (10 km’s)
Distance Covered is 16 km’s within time duration of 1 – 2 hours only at a price of INR.600 Per Person
Kaudiyala Rafting Starting Point till Laxman Jhula (40km’s)
Distance Covered is 40 km’s within time duration of 6 – 8 hours. Price on request only.
Note: Prices for Rafting in Rishikesh are decided by the Rafting Association of Rishikesh and these prices may vary according to the group size. In general a group size should be about 6-8 people. Smoking and Alcohol is strictly prohibited during rafting. Overweight, Pregnant or suffering from any other medical conditions will not be allowed for rafting. Do consult your doctor if you are fit for rafting.
Why go for Rafting in Rishikesh?
The one major attraction that brings tourists from all across the world to Rishikesh is River Rafting. The city is a mix of pilgrims and backpacker tourists who crave for adventures. This is the city where spirituality and adrenaline rush walk hand in hand. River Rafting in Rishikesh is one thing that you must do at least once in your lifetime. For people living around Capital of India – Delhi, Rishikesh is an ideal weekend gateway destination.
Here are the top reasons why you should go for Rafting In Rishikesh
- Whitewater rafting, in a therapeutic sense, is often referred to as therapeutic recreation. Several benefits associated with rafting include relaxation, appreciation of nature and better physical fitness. Most all rafters report a sense of peace and “living in the moment” on the trip.
- The location – The foothills of the Himalayas i.e. Rishikesh is the place where you can see the best ever form of the River Ganga. Nothing like experiencing the waves of the Ganga as you raft through the pristine waters. Except the monsoon, the river is just perfect for making river rafting in Rishikesh an unforgettable experience.
- Rafting packages in Rishikesh vary depending on the rafting level. The levels start from beginner and go up to advanced. If you are not a beginner and not a professional rafter too, you can choose the moderate levels. There is something for everyone here.
- While the starting points across the Ganga vary, the endpoints are the same and that is the Laxman Jhula. Some of the companies may cover up till Ram Jhula as per the situation.
- Rishikesh trip will be more than just a trip for all those trying to conquer their fears. Whether you are scared of water or heights, river rafting here will help you get over all these in the best way possible. After all, the best way to get over the fear is to face it. River rafting in Rishikesh might look scary to many, but with the right protective gear and following instructions can make this an experience of lifetime.
Popular River Rafting Starting Points In Rishikesh
There are 5 different points from where one can choose to start their rafting stretch. These rafting points also suggests of the difficulty level starting from the easiest and the shortest one up to extreme adventurous rafting. Also you would find activities such as body surfing and cliff jumping in between any of the rafting trip you choose from. So, Here are the five different rafting starting points in Rishikesh.
Brahmpuri Rafting Point – Easiest Rafting Trip For Beginners
Brahmpuri is the closest rafting expedition point from Rishikesh. Rafting Stretch from Brahmpuri to Laxman Jhula is the most easiest and safest one. This is a grade 1 rafting expedition and is meant for beginners and young teenagers. People of age group between 14 – 65 years can enjoy this. This point is perfect for family and student group. Few rapids that come in this stretch are Initiation, sweet sixteen, terminator, Hilton, body surfing and double trouble. It takes about 1-2 hours to complete rafting distance from Brahmpuri to Rishikesh.
Note – Prior to your strapping of the harness, it is advised to seek expert consultation from tour guides and instructors. Irrespective of whichever age group you may fall into, always keep in mind that you have to pay attention to the slightest detail offered by the experts.
Shivpuri Rafting Point – Best Rafting In Rishikesh Starts Here
Shivpuri is one of the most popular place among adventure seekers for river rafting destination near Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. Shivpuri is only 16 kilometer from Laxman Jhula, Rishikesh and offers some of the most beautiful white sand beaches alongside the river Ganga. Shivpuri gets crowded with adventure lovers during the weekends who test their skills with river rafting in Rishikesh. It is easy, low cost and most selling rafting stretch and includes the famous rapids such as return to sender, roller coaster(grade 3), club house and the most thrilling one The Golf Course(grade 4). It takes about 2-3 hours to complete rafting distance from Shivpuri to Rishikesh.
Marine Drive Rafting Point – A Picturesque Location In Mountains
An ideal landscape about 26 kilometers from Rishikesh that has an artistic appeal, in that it is beautiful but also with some elements of wildness. This location is very much famous among photographers and you could see lot of pre wedding shoots, movie shoots and such in this area. This point adds up few more rapids and offers a very beautiful view while you raft down towards Rishikesh. Some adventurous rapids that add up spice in this rafting stretch are three blind mice and cross fire. This is suitable for experienced rafters as it requires lot of strength and stamina. It takes about 3-4 hours to complete rafting distance from Marine Drive to Rishikesh.
Kaudiyala Rafting Point – Extreme Version Of Rishikesh Rafting
No doubt why Taj Hotels ended up opening a luxury resort here in Rishikesh outskirts. From river rafting to just a walk in the heart of nature, Kaudiyala has it all. About 40 kilometers from Rishikesh city center, It’s an expedition river rafting trip, only for advance level or professional rafters. Kaudiyala rafting is especially famous because this stretch includes two Grade 4 rapid and the supreme one which is the only grade 5 rapid on the Ganges widely known as The Eddy Whirlpool, The Daniel’s Dip and The Great Wall. These rapids are meant only for well trained professional rafters only. It takes about half day to complete the rafting distance from Kaudiyala to Rishikesh.
What Are Rapid Grades In Rishikesh Rafting ?
Grade 1 : Easy
In this waves are uniform and small waves occur in the river which are best for first time rafters and is safe for children too. Each section of rafting in Rishikesh has some stretches of grade I rapid, creating a pleasant break between every large rapids.
Grade 2 : Moderate
Grade 2 rapids are much harder than grade 1 rapids, as these are long difficult rapids having narrow passages with large drops, turbulent water and requires precise rowing in the rapid. It requires skilled guides and proper safety equipment.
Grade 3 : Intermediate
In this grade, they are large powerful rapids with irregular waves and narrow passages that make the boat tremble or shake and gives an adventurous feeling. Large amounts of water will fall on to your face with plenty of excitement and thrill. An experienced river guide is needed to cross these rapids.
Grade 4 : Difficult
These rapids contain complex channels with many significant obstacles to be avoided. Very precise rowing is required and good physical condition is highly recommended. There are likely condition to fall off from the raft too.
Grade 5 : Very Difficult
Grade 5 rapids are considered extremely difficult rapids. These are long continuous waves that often flow into each other with almost no interruption. Good physical condition is required to cross the grade 5 rafting section. The Wall is the only grade 5 rapid in Rishikesh.
List Of Rapids In Rafting At Rishikesh With Grades
|Black Money||Grade 1|
|Sweet Sixteen||Grade 1|
|Good Morning||Grade 1|
|Body Surfing||Grade 1|
|Club House||Grade 2|
|Double Trouble||Grade 2|
|Shivpuri Rapid||Grade 2|
|Three Blind Mice||Grade 3|
|Cross Fire||Grade 3|
|Roller coaster||Grade 3|
|Golf Course||Grade 3|
|Return to Sender||Grade 3|
|Daniel’s Dip||Grade 4|
|The Great Wall||Grade 5|
Rafting in Rishikesh Travel Guidelines – Salvus Hotels
- If you have any medical problem do consult your doctor before participating in Rafting in Rishikesh
- You will find many people who can offer you very attractive low cost and cheap rates for rafting in Rishikesh. Beware of them and do not risk your safety for few rupees.
- There had been accidents in the past when the rafts were illegally operated with non experienced guides. Enjoy your rafting but do choose safely.
- Book from authorized rafting companies in Rishikesh who have their own rafts and certified guides.
- Select proper rafting stretch as per your age. Some rafting stretches are not safe for children or senior citizens.
- Rafting is banned after sunset, do not try or force to attempt Rafting in Rishikesh after 3 pm. All rafting should end in Rishikesh before 5 pm for safety reasons.