6 MONTHS TO GO
Start planning at least 6 months earlier as a wedding is no easy feat!
- Choose a season and finalize wedding date!
- Discuss the wedding budget and settle on an approximate figure.
- Do you want a destination wedding or a local one?
Keeping your budget in mind, make a list of the pre and post wedding events.
- Do an approximate headcount for each of these events
- Hire a wedding planner if needed.
- If loan is required, research loan options and apply for loan
- Shortlist venues for each of your functions, keeping in mind capacity and budget.
- Check out venues in person.
- Research on your wedding themes you may like.
- Check out DIY ideas if you want to personalise it
- Go through invitation card designs and shortlist your favourites. OR come up with your own.
- Research honeymoon destinations.
5 MONTHS TO GO
- Book venues for all functions.
- Make sure you read the agreement and are on-board with everything.
- Finalize wedding invitation card along with design and wordings.
- Order wedding invitations cards.
- Look for preferred caterers.
- Go for food tasting with shortlisted caterers.
- Hire your favourite caterer.
- Finalise menus/s for your functions.
- Renew passports.
- Research and decide entertainment ideas as per functions.
4 MONTHS TO GO
- Make a detailed itinerary for each of the ceremonies along with time and date.
- Start sending out invitations.
- Browse designs for wedding jewellery and approximate costs.
- Go jewellery shopping for rings, mangalsutra, etc.
- Research what kind of photography you want.
- Research photographers online. Check out some of their work to get a sense of their quality and style.
- Finalize Photographer.
- Book accommodation and tickets for your honeymoon.
3 MONTHS TO GO
- Decide theme for décor.
- Research decorators.
- Shortlist decorators and go through their offered décor ideas.
- Discuss with decorator on your choices.
- Book suitable decorator
- Book an appointment with a beautician and discuss with them if you need any hair or beauty treatment.
- Book an appointment with a fitness trainer to assess whether you want to lose or gain weight for the w. edding.
- Join a fitness programme, if needed.
- Explore wedding functions hair and makeup styles.
- Discuss outfit, location and dates for pre wedding photoshoot. Keep an ideal date of 1 month prior to the wedding.
- Also discuss with him the list of events for photography and other details.
- Book all entertainers for all functions.
- Browse through various Mehendi designs.
- Research mehendi artists.
- Finalise and book your favourite mehendi artist.
- Check out outfits for wedding and other functions.
- Start visiting bridal and grooms wear stores.
- Buy all your wedding outfits and accessories.
- Research wedding favours.
- Shop for honeymoon.
2 MONTHS TO GO
- Join a dance lesson or hire a choreographer, if needed.
- Book hotels to accommodate out of town guests.
- Book transportation to and from venues.
- Book a priest.
- Confirm honeymoon reservations.
- Decide return gifts and favours for each of our wedding functions.
- Shop for wedding favours.
- Book Makeup artist for guests.
- Go for a trial hair and make-up session.
- Book Makeup artist.
1 MONTH TO GO
- Finalise the menu and do a food tasting.
- Make a list of things required for ceremonies, puja and rituals and scatter the list among dependable family members.
- Start taking your pre wedding beauty packages and follow a healthy lifestyle.
- Get your scheduled pre-wedding shoot done.
- Go through cake designs.
- Visit bakers and book a cake for your wedding.
- Find Trousseau Packer and get trousseau packed.
- Decide on the bride and groom entry ideas.
- Get your final haircut and colour.
- Book security personal
- Pack gifts and favours.
- Discuss with DJ/band/musician and make a list of all songs to play at each event. Ex: Bride and groom entry, etc.
2 WEEKS TO GO
- Reconfirm the presence and timing of vendors for their respective events.
- Go through the timeline of ceremonies with your family and close guests.
- Check the fit of your outfits in ase there has been a size change.
- Give outfits for steam iron and get them ready.
- Discuss with your photographer, hand him over list of important moments to capture.
- Finalize seating and decor arrangements.
- Rehearse dance.
- Pack for honeymoon
1 WEEK TO GO
- Pick up rentals, if any.
- Put together few meds to avoid distress and also if you have any allergies. Pack a bag of necessities like perfume, blotting tissues, etc.
- Give yourself a relaxing spa and massage.
THE WEDDING DAY
- Sleep for 9 hours the night before.
- Eat a good breakfast! Allow yourself plenty of time to get ready.
- Put a smile on your face.
- Get married!!
POST – WEDDING
- Review and send a thank you note for all your vendors
- Make sure you source pictures of every moment from you friends and fam. Just in case the photographer missed something.
- Give all your outfits for cleaning and keep them at safe place.
- Take a spa or massage to relax through post wedding exhaustion.
- Leave for the honeymoon!
- Rishikesh New Year Packages 2021 | New Year Celebration in Rishikesh
- Budget Friendly Destination Wedding Package Rishikesh 2020
- Wedding In Rishikesh by the Ganges Post Lockdown 2020
- The Best Camping In Rishikesh 2020 – VNA Beach Resort
- Sick of working from home? Our hotel is offering luxury office rooms with high-speed internet, espresso machines & beds in Rishikesh